Sunday 23 February 2014

MORNING SKIN CARE ROUTINE

I've never been one too religiously stick to a skin care routine, but due to the freezing and windy weather that we have had here in the UK I thought I'd better start looking after to my slightly damaged and dry skin. I started using this skin care routine every morning for a month now, and its really helped clear up my skin from spots and just make it look a lot healthier.




The first thing I do in the morning is wash my face with the Clearasil Vitamins and Extracts Wash and Minerals, this is an amazing really quick face wash, it instantly brightens your face and makes it look just really cleans and fresh. Its a great face wash but can also be used as a really nourishing mask, which you only have to leave on for 3 minutes, which is perfect. It leaves the skin feeling silky soft as well which is a major plus. The only negative thing I would say about this is that when you shut the bottle product can still come out of the tube which is such a waste because it all gets stuck in the cap, but apart from that this wash is great.

After washing my face I use the Soap and Glory Scrubatomic Daily Face Polish. I've been using this scrub since the start of the month about twice a week. The product said it can be used daily, but personally I wouldn't use this scrub daily because it is quite an abrasive scrub so I don't think it would be that good to use every day. S&G have advertised this as a polish instead of a scrub, and it does really polish your face, leaving it really soft and literally polished. It smells amazing, it doesn't say on the packaging but I think its apricot.

To moisturise I use the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, which is just your normal run of the mill moisturiser, its, like the name says, really simple and leaves your soft and not too shiny. Like all simple products it doesn't have a scent, which I think is nice to use in the morning as no smell lingers of the skin. The moisturiser dries instantly which means your don't have to wait for ages to apply an make up. If I'm having one of those days where my skin is covered in nice red spots I like to dab on a bit of Boots Tea Tree Cream, this is great for calming and soothing red blemishes or spots as it dries them out quickly so their not hugely obvious. I've been using this for years and its always worked well for me. The other negative is the smell, as everyone knows tea tree has a very strong pungent smell which can linger of the skin for a while, but if you don't like the smell of tea tree dab some tooth paste on a stop for an hour or so and it should sooth the spot.

Lastly, because of the horrible windy weather at the moment, my lips are getting really dry and chapped, so to add a bit of moisture I use the Soap and Glory Smooch Operator Lip Butter. Its really nourishing and leaves the lips soft and keeps the chapping at bay.

Hope you've enjoyed finding out about my morning skin hair routine, let me know if you want me to write a post on my night skin care routine.

Katherine x

No comments:

Post a Comment